Chou
Be A Member. Sign Up or Login <3 Come Join Our Peaceful Paradise.

A place for members of Chou to interact outside of Mabinogi. Our outside Paradise.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

G16S2: Genesis Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
!xCero

Prowess Point : 7935
God's Blessing : 47

PostSubject: G16S2: Genesis Update   Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:39 am

***Update complete at around 11:20 AM PDT***

Nexon wrote:
*COMPLETE*

Dear Mabinogians,

Servers are now live. Please check below for known issues.

Known issues:

The Adventurer's Crux Armor corrupts some animations on Giants.
One of the buildings in Emain Macha is invisible.
Counter and Defense are not cancelling properly when the player is knocked down.
The Auto-Charge feature cannot be turned off.
Auto-Charge does not function using the numerical hotkeys (1-=).
Using Pummel while rafting causes the character to glitch.
Some characters may experience issues with the revised Bind quest.
Demina the Bandita's costume is missing some graphics during the RP quest in the Rush of Love storyline.
During the Bird/Bear RP for Elves/Giants in G2, auto-combat does not work.
Knuckle Mastery is not properly raising Damage and Balance stats.
The Arena is not reviving players correctly.
Counter takes a large amount of stamina when using knuckles.
Using the MAX button while ranking transformation skills does not save the points properly. The other buttons are not affected.
If the player is mounted during the opening cutscene of G1 (after completing the tutorial quests), they may be stuck in place. Re-logging will fix this issue.
An extra pass is given for Baol Infiltration after completing the related quest. It is not necessary to repeat this dungeon once the quest is completed.
Some players are experiencing issues with the Lord of Verona quest not completing properly. Please submit a ticket if you encounter this issue.
Daily Tips are not turning off properly.
Lorna NPC is bugged. Please refrain from speaking to this NPC during this time.

Non-issues:

You no longer need to gift the bear mana herbs manually during G1; speaking to the bear will automatically forward that step of the quest.
Elf and Giant guards no longer aggro enemy races, and the shops in Vales and Filia may be used freely.
Skills will be used automatically once loaded unless the option "Use Skill after Targeting" is unchecked.Right-clicking on enemies requires a double click unless the "Cursor Targeting" option is turned off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Update* 6/29/12 8:13 AM PDT

Dear Mabinogians,

Maintenance will be extended until further notice. We will be updating this announcement post with any updates we may have.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

-The Mabinogi Team

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Update* 6/29/12 6:07 AM PDT

Dear Mabinogians,

We apologize for the delay, but we will be extend our maintenance. We will be providing an update in 3 hours.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

Thank you.

-The Mabinogi Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Update* 6/29/12 4:10 AM PDT

Dear Mabinogians,

We will be extending maintenance for another 2 hours. After this time we will be giving you another update on our status. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

Thank you.

-The Mabinogi Team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mabinogians,

Due to an issue with player login, we will be starting our Maintenance early. Please check below for the updated maintenance time.

Thank you.

-The Mabinogi Team

Dear Players,

We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on all game servers on June 28th, 2012. During this period, Mabinogi will be unavailable. We will be providing an update after 7 hours.

Thank you for your patience.

- The Mabinogi Team -

-Time-

Pacific: Thursday, June 28th, 2012 9:30 PM ~ 4:30 AM, Friday, June 29th, 2012
Eastern: Friday, June 29th, 2012 12:30 AM ~ 07:30 AM, Friday, June 29th, 2012

Pacific: Thursday, June 28th, 2012 11:00 PM ~ 6:00 AM, Friday, June 29th, 2012
Eastern: Friday, June 29th, 2012 2:00 AM ~ 09:00 AM, Friday, June 29th, 2012

-What-

Mabinogi will be unavailable
Premium Shop will be unavailable
Apply 'Genesis' Update

With this update, we can do this now! Cool

Last edited by !xCero on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sokkun
Admin

Prowess Point : 22389
God's Blessing : 4038

PostSubject: Re: G16S2: Genesis Update   Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:35 am

wow really good! cant wait to log on :3

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/aznboi88
!xCero

PostSubject: Re: G16S2: Genesis Update   Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:13 pm

OK, updated with some info about known issues that Nexon provided.

Also, the dynamic combat is OK. For some reason I can't load skills as quickly as the person in the two videos that I posted, as far as I know for myself. There seems to be maybe about 0.2 second delay before the skill is ready. That's with no lag on me of course. It feels a little clunky, and only leaving the "Attack with hotkey" option on makes it feel fluid. For example, loading Defense and Counter Attack is not as fast as in the videos above v.v. When my Defense/Counter is ready, the enemy's attack still goes through it until the next attack. My guess is that this either makes your connection speed more important, or the system could still use a little more work to help things go more smoothly. When I first tried out the new Smash though, I literally said out loud, "Oh my god. This is awesome, *laugh*." ._.

EDIT: By the way, most skills now have less cooldown times than what Wiki listed before we got the update. However, it seems that the cooldown starts AFTER the animation for the skill ends, unlike Final Hit for example, that has its cooldown start after the key is pressed...

Concerning Windmill, it does seem like it's 0.5 seconds slower than before when spamming it even with the shorter cooldown than what was previously listed in the wiki. This makes Protect Corrib Valley a little bit harder to complete, and I suspect it will make WMing through Rabbie ADV a little harder too x_x. It should at least be the same pace as before, otherwise it just puts down warriors more... And that's the last thing they need. However, with much the much faster loading bolts and faster Smash spam multi-aggro might be a little more easy to handle than before, though you won't be hitting multiple targets at once and have to take them out one by one.

Concerning Arrow Revolver, it does seem a little slower too but I didn't test it out too much for specific details (not an archer... yet o_o). Also, the normal Ranged Attack is a little clunky, which is unexpected. Even with its 0.1 second cooldown, you can't load another arrow until the animation gets to the point where your character gets out another arrow from your quiver. This makes it so you aren't really able to fire your shots 0.1 second after each other. Rapidly clicking the mouse to get shots ready can make you accidentally fire a shot at a very low aiming %.

Actually, the main reason everything seems to be somewhat clunky is because the "faded out skill-getting-ready" skill loading icon is completely gone. You can't put them in "reserve" anymore, so to speak. Now it requires mashing the key until the skill loads or pressing it with correct timing. The latter isn't too bad to get used to though, and I (keep in mind, personally) frown upon button-mashing anyway. To make things flow with more fluidity, the "faded out skill-getting-ready" icons should just be back and skills should just load when they are ready. <.<

By the way, even with more opportunities to Smash during combat it still doesn't feel like it gives warriors the needed balance against everything else, let alone the slightly slower WM. *cough*Alchemy with its ignore-this-and-that-of-target and OP titles of Alchemy and Fighter*cough* Mad

The TAB key doesn't work like it used to anymore. I'm not sure if this is by intentional design, but you can no longer switch from "Target Enemy" mode to "Speak to NPC" mode and vice versa with CTRL+TAB. It might be a glitch due to the new "Target objects adjacent to mouse cursor" option. This new option doesn't seem to work all the time though for certain areas for some reason (e.g. Taillteann and Dunbarton), and even with that option turned off CTRL+TAB still does not work <_<. Because of this, it's just better to leave this option on, especially in places like Qilla Base Camp with the mongeese out in the field disrupting your cursor. Doing ALT+TAB to change window/application/program makes you switch your weapon as if you only hit TAB alone. It's also not the default hotkey to switch weapons anymore. If you want TAB as your weapon switch hotkey again, you'll have to set it again in the hotkeys options after you log-in for the first time after the update.

As for the Bard content and new armor sets, they will be released in the second part of the Genesis update (G16S2 part 2). Only part one is here atm (G16S2 part 1).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sokkun
Admin

Prowess Point : 22389
God's Blessing : 4038

PostSubject: Re: G16S2: Genesis Update   Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:06 am

I see...sounds fun. Thank the heaven most of my melee training is done :3 muhahahaah and archery skill >_>. Still working on martial art skill lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/aznboi88
!xCero

PostSubject: Re: G16S2: Genesis Update   Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:04 am

When I think about it though, the instant load time will let you fire off a couple normal ranged attacks or even a Mag while waiting for Arrow Revolver to cooldown or even Support Shot -> Smash. Solo Support Smash is sooooooooooooooo good... Cool I still need to train Crash Shot for CrashMill (point-blank Crash Shot -> Windmill)... I have enough AP to get r5 atm I think.

Now they just need to boost Elf aim speed to match Humans, make Elf's Crash Shot do two hits instead of one, and make Stomp have an AoE like Windmill with an effect similar to Support Shot except the damage boost works any attack to balance everything out <_<. A revamp of Final Hit, Final Shot, and Wind Guard to make them more useful would be great too... scratch Perhaps Final Hit makes you attack at Fast speed and stun like a 2H weapon regardless of your weapons' speed and stun as well as all hits be 200% dmg with Protection being ignored for calculating Critical Hit chance. Final Shot should have aim rate boosted by 1.5x, including the matched aim speed so it would be 450% aim speed as well as have Protection be ignored for calculating Critical Hit chance. Wind Guard should let you run, no longer require a shield, but forceful knock-back attacks will push back instead when Knockdown gauge is full enough (weakened "ADV Stander"). Knockdown gauge would also fill up more slowly than normal (50%?), and even more slowly if used with a shield (25%?). After being pushed back twice the gauge will reset back to zero. All skills should be available for use during Wind Guard.

Oh, and Charge needs a better animation v_v. That weird delay right before smacking the enemy that might make you get hit needs to disappear...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G16S2: Genesis Update   

Back to top Go down

G16S2: Genesis Update
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1